Requests for Agenda/Extended Abstract updates
- Now that the agendas are posted, please use this FORM to let us know if you need to make changes or update your extended abstract.
- SUBMIT your presentation using the online FORM (no later than 5:00pm the NIGHT prior to your presentation).
- DOCUMENT NAME for your file upload: Last name_First word of Session name_First 4-5 words of Title_version # (EXAMPLE: Prieto_Geologic_Giving a presentation on the_v3)
- TIME ALLOTTED for Oral Presentations: 20 minutes total (13 minutes talk + 5 minutes for discussion + 2 minutes for changeover between speakers)
- ADDITIONAL GUIDELINES for your Oral Presentation can be found HERE.
- The Poster Session will be held in the evening on Monday, October 8, 2018, on-site at LBNL, in Building 54.
- Each poster should fit within a 4-foot-high by 4-foot-wide space (poster boards provided are 4-foot-high by 8-foot-wide and there will be TWO posters per side per board).
- Printing services are NOT available onsite. Boxes will be available on Monday morning to collect and store your poster until the poster session (please be sure to label your poster and/or poster tube).
- Additional information regarding poster presentations will be coming soon.
TOUGH Symposium Publication Policy:
In order to allow authors to publish their symposium-related work in a peer-reviewed journal, the TOUGH Symposium is requesting only an extended abstract (maximum four pages). The idea is that we want to avoid the problem of journals rejecting submissions on the basis of their finding the same or similar work by the same authors on the TOUGH website or as part of the TOUGH Symposium proceedings.
By this approach, authors can still write and submit to a journal an expanded paper and not have the work determined to be already published by various search tools routinely used by journals. Regardless of whether authors publish a full paper in another journal later, they can cite their extended abstract as part of the TOUGH Symposium proceedings once that comes out approximately two months following the symposium.
Please contact us if you have additional questions or concerns regarding this policy.
Abstract Submissions: NOW CLOSED
- Abstract submissions should be 1 page or less, 11 point Times New Roman, 1-inch margins, and include title, author(s), author(s) affiliation, author(s) email, and abstract text.
- Please do not include any graphics.
- Microsoft Word files are preferred, plain text files will be accepted (e.g. Notepad on Windows or TextEdit on Mac).
- Entries will be reviewed with regard to scientific quality and suitability for the conference. You will be able to review your submission in the confirmation email.
Extended Abstracts: NOW CLOSED
- NOTIFICATIONS: Notifications of Abstract Acceptance were sent out on May 7, 2018. If you did not receive a notification in response to your abstract, please email, [email protected]. If your abstract was accepted, please submit a 4-page Extended Abstract.
- DUE DATE: The due date for submitting extended abstracts will be Wednesday, June 27, 2018.
- FORMAT and LENGTH: Extended Abstracts should be 4 pages or less, 11 point Times New Roman, 1-inch margins, and include title, author(s), author(s) affiliation, author(s) email, and abstract text. This length includes all figures, tables and references. Please see the Extended Abstract TEMPLATE.
- SUBMIT: Submit your final 4-page extended abstract HERE.