Scientists in the Ecology Department lead development of new technologies to dissect the microbial diversity of complex ecosystems. Their internationally recognized expertise include scale-aware ecology systems, advanced imaging, physiological diversity of microbes, and plant-microbe interactions.
Our six core capabilities are:
- Advanced Infrared Microscopy and Manipulation
- Interactions and Feedbacks between Different Trophic Levels of an Ecosystem
- Environmental Microbial Physiology and Biochemistry
- Environmental Microbial Genomics and Bioinformatics
- Predictive Multiscale Models and Model Data Integration
- Soil Biogeochemical Cycling