To achieve identified scientific and workforce goals needed to propel the Area into an exciting future, EESA recognizes that inclusion, diversity, equity and accountability (IDEA) must be integrated into our conscience, culture, practices and processes. An EESA IDEA framework has been developed to meet this objective.Annual goals will be accomplished through six rotating, topic-based, action-oriented working groups.
- PSYCHOLOGICAL SAFETY – Co-Chairs: Chaincy Kuo & Jens Birkholzer
- IDEA COMMUNICATIONS and AWARENESS– Co-Chairs: Ali Douraghy & Romy Chakraborty
- IDEA ACTIVITIES IN EESA – Co-Chairs: Neslihan Tas & Vivi Fissekidou
- RECRUITING & HIRING WITH IDEA IN MIND – Co-Chairs: Bill Collins & Tracy Bigelow
- INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS & IDEA – Co-Chairs: Sandy Chin & Hang Deng
- IDEA ACCOUNTABILITY – Co-Chairs: Preston Jordan & Shi Wang