- Who: James A. Davis, Senior Research Geochemist/Engineer, USGS
- What: Download the flyer (pdf)
- Where: Building 50 Auditorium
- When: 10:30 am to 12 pm, November 20, 2009
- Why: About the Distinguished Scientist Seminar Series
James A. Davis is a Senior Research Geochemist/Engineer at the U. S. Geological Survey in Menlo Park, CA, directing field and laboratory research on chemical reactions at the mineral-water interface and the transport of metal contaminants and radionuclides in groundwater. His research has examined geochemical processes at multiple scales, from molecular-scale studies by X-ray absorption spectroscopy to large field-scale investigations. Other research interests include carbonate chemistry, permeable reactive barriers for groundwater remediation, spectroscopic characterization of amorphous mineral phases and contaminants at mineral surfaces, and the spatial variability of hydrologic and geochemical properties in aquifers.