As an experienced Manager with over 40 years experience in Operations Management, 29 years of which in support of two DOE National Laboratories, Lisa’s role has evolved to Senior Advisor to the Earth and Environmental Sciences Area (EESA) Associate Laboratory Director (ALD) where she engages with the ALD to support the Area. Lisa also participates as a member of the EESA Senior Leadership team where she provides advice and guidance in the development and execution of operations strategic plans to address both short and long term goals for the Area. Prior to joining Lawrence Berkeley Lab, Lisa started her National Laboratory career with Lawrence Livermore Laboratory. Previous to the Laboratory service, she served as the Operations Manager for the Law Offices of Tamchin and Bruck.
Lisa has successfully implemented many new tools, guides, processes, and a few outreach activities for EESA over the years, including:
- Talent Matrix (search for scientific expertise);
- Intranet (search for operations support services, processes);
- Communications Request Form;
- Automated Publication List (filterable list enables user to display by Area, Division, Program, Person, and Year);
- PIship Guide for EESA;
- Carbon in Underland, video animation (outreach activity)
When Lisa is not at work, she enjoys her favorite thing in the world, which is being Grandma (G-Ma) to her grandchildren. She also enjoys gardening, snow skiing, antiquing, and everything having to do with Life!