The Earth AI & Data (EAID) Program Domain launched in December 2021, as the first cross-cutting program domain in the Earth and Environmental Sciences Area that will work across both the Climate and Ecosystems Sciences and Energy Geosciences Divisions. The program domain will focus on research that makes use of Machine Learning, data sciences, informatics, and data management to advance state-of-the-art Earth science observations, modeling and theory.
Some of the activities that will fall under this program include:
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Data Mining and Statistical Analysis
- Data Management and Curation, FAIR Open data
- Tools and Cyberinfrastructure for Data-Model/Analysis Pipelines
- Technologies for Data Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Synthesis and Integration, Visualization
- Autonomous Observations, Edge Computing, 5G and Wireless Networking
- Digital Twins, Model-Observation Codevelopment
The scope and activities of this new program will continue to evolve in Spring 2022. Stay tuned for updates!