We are looking for motivated and talented students to intern with us for Summer 2019 (June 3-August 9, 2019)!
Berkeley Lab’s Earth & Environmental Sciences Area (EESA) is a premier Earth sciences research organization where scientists tackle some of the most pressing environmental and energy challenges of the 21st century in order to enable sustainable stewardship and judicious use of the Earth’s energy resources. There are opportunities available year-round to contribute as an intern or student assistant toward helping us carry out our important work. We are currently accepting applications from individuals interested in 2019 summer internships. (Some of our project mentors will consider receiving letters of interest from students pursuing opportunities for fall 2019 and winter 2020. Look for a note specifying that in the EESA summer student project list.)
To apply for a 2019 Summer Internship opportunity with EESA, please take the following steps:
- Take a look at the list of EESA summer student projects and identify which projects you’re interested in. (If you have a specific topic in mind that is not listed, please contact Sandy Chin, [email protected].)
- Apply to one or more of the following 2019 Summer Internship programs. Each program has different eligibility and application requirements – please read carefully.
- In your application, please identify the Project Title and Project PI/Mentor of the projects for which you would like to be considered.
- Successful candidates will be notified of their internship offer in April 2019.
- Summer internship dates are June 3 – August 9, 2019.
|Are you a(n)…||Internship Program||Application Deadline|
|Undergraduate Student||Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI)||Jan 10, 2019 (5pm Eastern)|
|Berkeley Lab Undergraduate Research (BLUR)||Mar 8, 2019*|
|Community College Student||Community College Internship (CCI)||Jan 10, 2019 (5pm Eastern)|
|Graduate Student||Berkeley Lab Undergraduate Research (BLUR) – recently expanded to include MS and PhD students!||Mar 8, 2019*|
(must be accompanied by up to 2 students)
|Visiting Faculty Program (VFP)||Jan 10, 2019 (5pm Eastern)|
|Berkeley Lab Undergraduate Faculty Fellowship (BLUFF)||Mar 8, 2019*|
*BLUR application will be kept open through March 8, 2019 for students applying specifically to work with EESA!
If you are interested in learning more, or interested in an Earth and Environmental Sciences topic not listed mentioned, please contact Sandy Chin, EESA Postdoc and Early Career Development Lead, at [email protected].